2ON Ltd 4th Floor 15 New Bridge Street London EC4V 6AU
MEET YOUR BARRISTER
Terms such as "best" and "top" and "leading" are used for SEO purposes, and we make no express or implied representation that we are the "top”, “best” or “leading" lawyers in any area of law.
Breach of Contract
2ndOpinionNow, First For Breach of Contract
At 2ndOpinionNow Solicitors and Barristers, we pride ourselves as being one of the Leading Law firms in the UK. We regularly assist our clients resolve the most complex of legal problems. Our Executive Management Team have assisted numerous Individuals and Companies in Contractual disputes and especially where there has been a breach of contract. Here is a selection of the type of work our Executive Management Team have been involved in.
1. Two companies were involved in a complex takeover. The contract was drafted whereby the company being taken over believed that they had protected a manufacturing plant. After the takeover the plant was closed down. The company that had been taken over, sought damages for breach of contract.
2. A major UK manufacturer was exhibiting at the NEC. Their machinery; worth in excess of £1million, had been transported by a specialist carrier to and from the Exhibition. When the Machinery arrived it was all damaged as it had not been properly secured. A dispute arose as to who was responsible for correctly securing the machinery and the extent of the loss.
3. A Charity with over £12million turnover sought recompense from a local authority for services provided to it over a 6 year period. The value of the claim exceeded £2million. The central dispute was over whether there was a contract in place at all and if so how much should be paid for the service provided.
4. A UK manufacturing company entered into an agreement with a Canadian based multinational. As part of the contract a down payment of US$50m was to be paid once the initial implementation stage had been completed. It was not paid and the company sued.
5. An Indian gold recycling company entered into an agreement for a UK based company for the UK Company to supply second hand computers. Following the shipment of a large container load of computers the payment was not forthcoming. Action had to be taken and issues surrounding the service of proceedings in India had to be overcome.
6. An angel investor provided a £1m investment in a series of car dealerships in the Developing world. The investor had been promised a substantial return but it was not paid. He sought to secure his investment against the dealerships and take possession of their stock to recover his monies.
The above examples are but a snapshot of the work our Executive Management team have undertaken in the area of breach of contract/ contractual disputes. In addition to this we are often asked to assist Individuals and Companies to draft Contracts, so as to avoid the pitfalls of contentious disputes later.
As a result of the above, we at 2ndOpinionNow believe we should be your first port of call, for any contractual dispute/ breach of contract or for the drafting of a contract.
If you need any help with a contractual matter contact us now.
0207 936 3177
To contact the UK’s leading breach of contract solicitors, click here to email us, or call the number below.